Newsletter October 2017
ELITE KARATE ACADEMY NEWSLETTER OCTOBER 2017
Welcome to our October Newsletter. This email newsletter will hopefully keep you up to date with all you need to know about what’s going on in Elite Karate Academy over the coming months. Please feel free to share this newsletter with family and friends, I hope you find it informative. Feel free to comment on our Facebook (insert link here) page with comments and be sure to like our page while you’re there. Sign up for our newsletter at https://www.elitekarateacademy.com/contact-us/
News – Updates – Events
- There is a grading coming up shortly for eligible students. Click the following links to view the child’s syllabus or adult’s syllabus, to view what you need for your next grade.
- If you wish you can now pay your fees by Credit/Debit Card or set up a Standing Order, simply ask for a standing order form to complete the next time you are in the dojo.
- Join for 2 months in October and get a third free for new members in Child/Adult Karate Classes.
- As of 1st September 2017, absolutely no class credit will be given without prior consent. Unfortunately, every summer a minority of parents abuse my goodwill. You cannot go swimming or to the cinema and pay later, so too with karate classes. Students, especially below green belt, who owe class fees will be made to sit out the class. Do not put me or your child in this situation.
- Parents now get an email 7 days before fees are due and another email the day the fees are due. Students will also receive a card on their last prepaid class.
- Donations for St Vincent de Paul of clothes, bedding, toys, books, household items, DVDs etc. as always may be dropped off at the dojo anytime.
- Saturday 4th November 2017, we will be running a free 2 hour free self defence seminar for parents and adults. See info further down for details.
- Saturday 11th November 2017 Parent/Child train together class. See link below.
- That so many of you recommend our Academy is a great source of pride for me. Please go our Facebook page and write a review your club and it may be posted on our website.
- As always parents are invited to join either our Cardio Combat Fitness Boot Camp. Ask Sensei about a FREE TRIAL.
- I have Elite Karate Academy T-shirts back in stock in all sizes from child 5-6 through to adult XL
Free Self Defence Seminar
ELITE KARATE ACADEMY WILL HOST A FREE SELF DEFENCE SEMINAR ON SATURDAY 4TH NOVEMBER 2017 BETWEEN 1PM-3PM.
PLACES ARE LIMITED AND ONLY BY ADVANCED BOOKING. CONTACT US ON TEXT/PHONE 086 822 4902 TO SECURE A PLACE.
COURSE CONTENT WILL BE COVERING SIMPLE EFFECTIVE TECHNIQUES, ONES ANYONE CAN LEARN AND REMEMBER.
TACTICAL TRAINING, WHAT TO DO IN A THREATENING SITUATION.
ARMED ATTACK SURVIVAL, HOW TO DEAL WITH EDGED WEAPONS.
THREAT MANAGEMENT, HOW TO HANDLE OR AVOID A SCARY SITUATION.
FIGHT PSYCHOLOGY, THE MINDSET OF A FIGHT, MAKING A DECISION TO STAY SAFE AND
STREET AWARENESS. RAISING YOUR AWARENESS OF THE DANGERS AROUND YOU.
ALL THE TOPICS WILL BE COVERED IN OUR 4 PART FREE ONLINE COURSE. PART 1 AVAILABLE HERE
TO SIGN UP WE SIMPLY REQUIRE A NAME AND CONTACT NUMBER OR EMAIL, USE OUR CONTACT US PAGE OR ON FACEBOOK OR TEXT/PHONE 086 822 4902. PLACES WILL BE LIMITED AND ARE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OVER 15 YEARS OF AGE.
Tell Your friends share the link
Online Self Defence Course
We are also running a 4 part online self defence course in conjunction with the above seminar. Follow the link to share or read some tips for self defence.
Parent/Child train at home together
There is nothing better then a parent who wants to see their children improve. Helping your child train at home is a great bonding experience and helps improve your childs performance and keeps them motivated. Elite Karate Academy will run a run a hour and half seminar for parent & students to teach parents some simple drills and exercises to train together at home. Click the link to find out more.
Anyone interested in starting Yoga on a Saturday morning click the link for details
Student of the Month
This month’s student of the month is Roisin Kavanagh. Click here to follow her story.
The winner of this year’s summer photo competition was Sean Smith winner the titled Sean Claude Van Damme. Click here to view.
Cardio Combat Introductory Offer Get Fit – Lose Weight Before Christmas
This October we’re offering a special offer on our Cardio Combat Fitness Classes to any new participant. Class are high intensity interval training adapted for your fitness level and are designed for fitness and weight loss. The class consists of karate, circuits, core and ab work and is ideal for beginners. Participants must be over 15 years of age and not tried the classes before in order to avail of the offer. Click the link for our amazing special offer.
Every week we have new blogs on our website. Click the links to read about
Dojo Kun Programme – Most club’s dojo rules consist of no shouting, no chewing gum etc. Our Dojo Kun program teaches your child 25 rules of life. These rules teach your child how to follow and make their dreams come true, through hard work, passion and dedication.
Elite Karate Academy teaches our students how karate training can improve their lives. Read more in our blog section below.
Word of the Week – Our word of the week program teaches 14 core values to your child in a 5 minute ‘mat chat’ within their normal class. Your child will grow as people not just stronger and fitter. Read the lessons in our blog section.
Our 14 words are: Courtesy, Growth, Honesty, Obedience, Courage, Sincerity, Humility, Perserverance, Honour, Loyalty, Self Control, Knowledge, Respect, Integrity.
Elite Mental Training – This program teaches students the mental strategy of fighting, topics introduced can be used in all areas of life, reducing stress and increasing mental well being. Read some lessons covered in our blog section below.
Anti Bullying Programme – We teach your child how to deal with bullying in a non aggressive way without having to resort to violence. A great program for boosting confidence and self belief. This starts in September.
That so many of you praise our Academy is huge source of pride to me. Please write a review/testimonial here. They will then be added to our website. Student / parents or both may write a review and you may write a new one if you wrote one before.
Each Month I will be posting teaching videos on our Academy’s channel on the grading syllabus for students to train at home. These videos will have points for parents to watch out for in order that they may help their child learn and improve quicker.
Any Student who got their grading Passport for the first time last September, it is now due for renewal. Renewal Fee for the year is €10 and can be paid in class. Students cannot grade without an up to date passport.
To ask is a moments shame. Not to ask and remain ignorant, is a lifelong shame.
Increase exercise daily is small manageable ways. Walk up escalators instead of standing still, take the stairs instead of the lift. Park further from work and walk the remaining way. Walk down one flight of stairs then take the life the rest of the way.